On 10-11 March 2015, a joint workshop was arranged by IEA Implementing Agreement IETS, Industrial Energy-Related Technologies and Systems, and IEA Greenhouse Gas R&D Programme. The workshop attracted about 60 participants and included presentations by invited speakers from industry, different government agencies, leading national and international organizations, research institutes and academia. A discussion forum moderated by Simon Bennett from IEA wrapped up the two-day workshop.
Below is a list of the presentations held, click on the name of the speaker or the presentation title to access it.
- Introduction to IETS and IEAGHG, Background and Aims of the Workshop
John Gale, IEA Greenhouse Gas R&D Programme UK
Thore Berntsson, Industrial Energy-Related Technologies and Systems IA, Sweden
- An Overview of Carbon Capture Technological Processes from Fossil Fuels Utilization - A Portuguese Strategic Perspective
Clemente Pedro Nunes and Filomena Pinto, LNEG, Portugal
Carla Pinheiro, Instituto Superior Tecnico, Portugal
- Fossil Fuels and Climate Change Mitigation with Examples From Energy Intensive Industries
Filip Johnsson, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Importance of Pilots and Demos for CCS in Industry - Norwegian CLIMIT Program
Hans Jörg Fell, Gassnova, Norway
- Integration and Onsite System Aspects of Industrial Post-Combustion CCS
Thore Berntsson, Chalmers Univeristy of Technology, Sweden
- Carbon Capture and Storage, Use or Recycle?
John Gale, IEA Greenhouse Gas R&D Programme, UK
- Overview of the DOE Industrial CCS RD&D Program
Mark Ackiewicz, Department of Energy, USA
- The Nordic CCS Roadmap - The Role of Process Industry
Nils Rökke, Climate Technologies SINTEF, Norway
- The Strategic view of Industrial CCS from UK DECC Perspective
Greg Gebrail, Department of Energy and Climate Change, UK
- Technology Option and Prospect of Application of CCS in Pulp and Paper Industry Globally
Antti Arasto, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
- Carbon Capture by Forest, Refined by Industry and Stored in Products
Helena Sjögren, Swedish Forest Industries Federation
- Infrastructure, Transport and System Aspects on CCS in European Context
Maurice Hanegraaf, TNO, the Netherlands
- Potential for CO2 Capture and Storage in EU Refineries
Alan Reid, CONCAWE, Belgium
- Shell AOSP Oil Sands Quest Industrial CCS Project - Design and Drivers
Lily Gray, Shell Global Solutions, the Netherlands
- CO2 Capture Project - Oil Refinery Scenario
Mark Crombie, BP, UK
- A View from Cefic on the Future Role of CCS
Guy Parker, European Chemical Industry Council (Cefic)
- Review of Large Scale Demo and Pilot Plans Projects of CCS in H2 Production Industry
Stanley Santos, IEA Greenhouse Gas R&D Programme, UK
- Teesside Collective: Developing an Industrial CCS Network in Teesside, UK
Sarah Tennison, Tees Valley Unlimited - The local Enterprise Partnership for Tees Valley, UK
The workshop on CCS in Process Industries, jointly arranged by the IEA Greenhouse Gas R&D Programme (IEAGHG) and IEA Industrial Energy-related Technologies and Systems (IETS) on 10-11 March, 2015, is now open for registration! Access the registration form here!
The IEA Greenhouse Gas R&D Programme (IEAGHG) and IEA Industrial Energy-related Technologies and Systems (IETS) encourages You to reserve the dates 10-11 March, 2015, for the following jointly arranged event (click to access pdf):
Workshop on CCS in Process Industries – State-of-the-Art and Future Opportunities
The Workshop will be held in Lisbon, Portugal, and aims to present an overview to the current state-of-the-art technology in industrial CCS and to improve our understanding to the different challenges in deploying CCS in the oil refining, chemical/petrochemical, and pulp and paper industries.
This is the first Announcement - reserve the dates and share it in Your network!